Registration & Accommodations
Due to the spread of COVID-19, we are planning to hold WOODRISE 2021 KYOTO both on-site and online (hybrid meeting). In addition, we plan to provide on-demand streaming of some programs to the participants on this official website for a certain period of time.
It's required the pre-registration for all participants.
Please note that the registration fee will be the same for both on-site participation and online participation.
Furthermore, supposing the difficulty for participants from overseas to come to Japan this coming October, we have decided to carry out some programs in 2022, which we planned to have this year, and to hold what we will call WOODRISE 2021+1 (plus one) next year, so that more people can come to Japan to participate. If you have registered for WOODRISE 2021 KYOTO, you can participate in the 2022 event with no additional registration fee.
Details of the 2022 event will be announced as soon as they are ready.
Please confirm the following information, and register from "Registration / Accommodation" button at the bottom of the page.
1. Pre-registration Period
Saturday, May 1 to Noon on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 JST (GMT+9)
2. Registration Fees
May 1 to Sep. 14, 2021
Oct. 15 to 17, 2021
|General||JPY 80,000||JPY 100,000|
|Accompanying Person**||JPY 20,000|
|Gala Dinner***||JPY 10,000|
*Student registration fee is for student of graduate school, undergraduate, or 4th grade or over of National Institute of Technology as of April 1, 2021.
*If you choose "Student" registration, please upload a copy of your student ID.
**For those who registered as accompanying person are not allowed to participate all congress sessions. Please check 2) Registration Fee includes. This category is for only on-site participation.
***Besides registration fee, Gala Dinner ticket is available at an additional cost JPY10,000. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be closed as soon as the capacity is reached.
- A name card which has been modified by the registrant will not be permitted.
- A name card will be issued on-site.
- All congress registrants are required to wear their name badges issued on-site in order to enter the sessions and exhibition.
- Please select on-site participation or online participation when registering.
- Online congress will be held via Zoom.
- On-site registration is only for on-site participants.
- Further information will be posted on this website or sent by e-mails as it becomes available.
- Measures against COVID-19 will be also posted on this website. For those who would like to participate on-site, please make sure to check those measures before coming to the venue.
2) Registration Fee includes
- Access to all congress sessions
- Access to Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony
- Access to Welcome Lounge (on site only)*
- Congress materials (on site only)
- Access to the Exhibition (on site only)*
- Lunch and coffee breaks per day (on site only)*
*Accompanying person can attend.
3) Cancellation and Refund Policy of Registration Fees
Please note that cancellations are not accepted after registration completed. Registration fees, etc. are non-refundable.
The following congress sessions will be held for free.
Free reservation is available only for on-site participation.
Application is required in advance to participate.
- Commemorative Speech by Mr. Kengo Kuma
- Special Session "The Promotion of Wooden Architecture and the SDGs"
- Special Session "The Housing Market of Asia & Oceania"
*Advanced application process will be posted on this website later.
*All advanced applications are on a first come, first served basis. Application will be closed once the limit is reached.
3. Technical Tour entry fee
In addition to registration fee, a technical tour participation fee of JPY 15,000 is required for each course.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will be closed as soon as the capacity is reached.
May 1 to Sep. 14, 2021
|Technical Tour||JPY 15,000 per tour|
1) Cancellation and Refund Policy of Technical Tour entry fee
If you cancel after completing the technical tour registration, a cancellation fee will be charged as follows.
|21 or more days prior to departure||No fee|
|20 to 8 days prior to departure||20% of tour fee|
|7 to 2 days prior to departure||30% of tour fee|
|1 day prior to departure||40% of tour fee|
|On the day before departure||50% of tour fee|
|After day of departure, or in case of failure to show without notice||100% of the tour fee|
Note: If the request is received outside business hours, the arrangements will be handled on the next business day.
We are accepting reservations for hotels in the surrounding area during the congress period for all participants of this congress.
If you wish, please proceed to the accommodation reservation page from the "Registration / Accommodation" button below.
Accommodation Reservation Acceptance Period : Saturday, May 1 to Noon on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 JST (GMT+9)
5. Payment Methods
Payment must be made in Japanese yen by credit card.
Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express or Diners are accepted.