- Conference Name
- WOODRISE 2021 KYOTO
- October 15 (Fri) – 19 (Tue), 2021
- Kyoto International Conference Center
※Safety Measures for Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
- Wooden Buildings for Sustainable Development
From the Traditional to the Future
- Japan International Association for the Industry of Building and Housing (JIBH)
- About WOODRISE
- Woodrise is an international congress for the development of mid-rise and high-rise wooden buildings that attracts industry stakeholders from around the world. It started out in 2017 under the initiative of France (FCBA, the French Institute of Technology for Forest-based and Furniture Sectors) and Canada (FPInnovations). The first congress was held in Bordeaux, France in 2017, and the second in Quebec City, Canada in 2019.
Japan faces significant policy challenges in using wood for mid-rise and high-rise buildings as well as large-scale buildings. The Woodrise congress will therefore be held in Japan to gather extensive information and knowledge about advanced wooden building technologies in different countries and to facilitate exchanges among organizations and companies in Japan and other countries.